Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lifeguard

The daily roles that I play consist of being a wife... mother... cook...maid...personal shopper and accountant (typical motherly duties), but today I also got to be a Lifeguard.

The kids and I went swimming today at the public pool and you are in charge of your own kids. Of course, there are Lifeguards there, but are you really going to put the life of your children in the hands of a couple of teenagers? Apparently, some parents do!!

The pool has steps as you enter and they expand the whole width. It's the perfect spot to sit and watch the kids and also get a little wet when it gets too hot. So, there I was sitting on steps, watching MY KIDS, when a one year old little girl gets knocked down and goes under the water!

My reaction time was delayed for several reasons. For one, the Lifeguard was sitting directly behind me, litterly 2 feet behind me! Two, this baby was part of a group of about 13 kids and 3 moms and one of the moms was STANDING RIGHT THERE!!!!

It only took me a couple of second to realize that no one was going to help her. My reach was abstructed by the handrailing, so my only option was to grab and yank her up by her foot. After I got her out, I yelled at the lady who was standing right there, who by then started to walk away! I screamed " This little baby was under the water!" I had to yell it 2 times before she came back!! She took her, with no "Thank you" and started yelling for the mom. Then she started yelling at the other little kids for not watching her!!! Seriously!!!!

The mother finally about 1 hour later came up to me and told me thanks. She told me she has 5 kids and she had the 10 year old in charge of the baby!!! Are you kidding me? A ten year old? Well, that ten year old is obviously just as responsable as the mother, because within the next hour one of the Lifeguards had to rescue yet another one of her kids!!!! She was 2 for 5! Not good!!

All I've got to say is: If you can't watch and take care of your kids, STOP REPRODUCING!!! It's as simple as that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment