Monday, August 8, 2011

SURPRISE!!!!

Yesterday Rich turned another year older!!!  What an old man, (he's only 2 years older then me, so I'm sooo joking).  Anyway, for his special day I planned the biggest surprise EVER!!  This may not sound like such a "Big Hurrah" to some of you. but if you have kids you may sympathize!   He works out of town, so I planned for my father-in-law to watch the kiddies over night and I drove to surprise him with a night all alone with just us!!  That is in bold print because that hasn't happened in about 5 years!!  I know that is pretty darn sad!!  So sad,  that when I drove up and surprised him at his appartment he came outside and inspected the car, because he didn't believe that I didn't have the kids!!! 

We went out to dinner at this amazing restaurant.  The name of it is 1808 American Bistro and it is located in Delaware, OH (near Columbus).  If you are ever there, I strongly recommend that you go!



That's a pic of what I had for dinner.  A grilled chesse sandwich is definately not something I would normally order, but this sandwich was delicious!!  It was made with ricotta, white cheddar, smoked gouda and spinach.  Sooo yummy!!!  Rich had the shrimp and grits and it was amazing, too!!  We were so pleased with our visite!!  We are now big 1808 fans!!!

Rich was extremely surprised and sooo happy!!!  Everything was great!!  So, I guess my being "sneaky" and telling "little fibs" all paid off!  I so thought I would get busted!!!

1 comment:

  1. And the romance lives on (wink)....I love surprises and I'm sure Rich did too!

    ps. You're on a roll...keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete